Todor (Ted) Popov
- Dr Daryl Freeman (Vice Chair)
- George Christoff
- Andrew McIvor
- Mark FitzGerald
- Richard Russell
- John Blakey
- Omar Usmani
- Nicolas Roche
- Patrick Souverein
- Bernardino Alcazar
- Mihaela Stefan
- Jenni Quint
- Andrew Wilson
- Elizabeth Kern
- Job van Boven
- Miguel Roman-Rodríguez
- Fabrizio Luppi
- Jens Søndergaard
- Aji Barot
- Alexandra Dima
The (ADEPT) committee is an independent body of experts and regulators commissioned by the Respiratory Effectiveness Group (REG) to govern the standard of research conducted on internationally renowned databases. The ADEPT committee comprises of scientists with statistical and epidemiological experience, members with specific database related expertise, independent clinical experts and also lay members adhering to UK standards.
The ADEPT committee have been commissioned to govern research conducted on databases across the world including:
- Optimum Patient Care Research Database (OPCRD)
- Implementing Helping Asthma in Real Patients Database (iHARP)
- International Severe Asthma Registry (ISAR)
- Hospital Episode Statistics (HES)
The ADEPT review process involves evaluation of database protocols in terms of their fulfilment of the following key criteria:
- Practice and patient confidentiality will be maintained
- The means by which confidentiality is maintained is clearly described
- There is a well-defined hypothesis or clear question to be addressed
- The database proposed are suitable for the research
- The methodology is considered appropriate and ensures patient confidentiality at all times
- There is scientific and academic rigor
- There are no sections of the protocol which would necessitate formal ethics approval where none has been sought.
- The team are experienced in real-life research, or are supported by experts with relevant real-life expertise
Please see link below for the most up to date Standard Operating Procedure.
Applications may be submitted to the ADEPT Secretariat at any time.
To submit protocols, questionnaires and CVs please download the ADEPT Study Proposal Application Form
and submit online using the form below.