Scientific Researcher / Epidemiologist (Maternity Cover)
We are currently seeking a candidate to fill a Epidemiologist / Researcher / Project Manager role. The role will require the candidate to work within a large international collaboration of respiratory experts from all over the world who are pioneering the field of real life research.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development and writing of research protocols
- Analysis of clinical database data
- Producing, critically reviewing and proofreading (study reports, congress abstracts and posters, manuscripts and powerpoint presentations)
- Project managing the delivery of clinical database and observational studies
- Provide support the activities of REG’s 14 Working Groups (specialist focus groups) and steering committee members
It is essential that the applicant should have:
- A graduate degree (MSc, PhD) in a life sciences discipline.
- Experience in data/statistical analysis, using software such as SPSS, R, SAS.
- Project management experience
- An analytical mind, with the ability to critically appraise data
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience in database research
- Epidemiology experience
- Experience using R
- Maternity cover for 1 year, starting mid/end January 2018
- Part-time (3 days per week)
- Flexible hours
- Home based
The Respiratory Effectiveness Group (REG) is a not-for-profit initiative established by international experts in real-life and comparative effectiveness research in respiratory medicine.
Through our network of international experts in real-life respiratory research working at guideline bodies, research organisations, in primary care practice and in collaboration with pharmaceutical and medical companies, our focused Working Groups:
- Provide ethical review and registration of real-life research study protocols
- Evaluate mechanisms for integrating real-life research appropriately into clinical practice guidelines
- Engage licensing authorities to ensure real-life research is appropriately incorporated into drug licensing and post-marketing appraisal processes and into national and international health strategies
- Communicate best practice standards and provide examples of excellence in real-life research.
Job Type: Part-time working from home
Send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com