The REG ILD Working Group intend to identify features of ILD MDTs associated with more accurate diagnosis of IPF with a view to improving diagnostic accuracy and patient stratification to optimise treatment outcomes worldwide.
To achieve this ultimate aim, two discrete, sequential research phases are proposed:
• Phase I: A global, standardised, systematic evaluation of the diagnostic process employed by a range of dedicated and non-dedicated ILD centres worldwide.
• Phase II: A global MDT ILD case review and diagnosis study to:
1. Phase IIa: Assess the diagnostic agreement across ILD MDTs
2. Phase IIb: Assess the diagnostic accuracy of ILD MDTs.
• Luca Richeldi, Southampton Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
• Kevin R. Flaherty, Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
• Fernando J. Martinez, Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, USA
• Simon Walsh, Department of Radiology, King’s College London, King’s Health Partners, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Denmark Hill, London, UK
• Jeffery L. Myers, Medical School, Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Alison Chisholm: Chief Scientific Officer of REG, Cambridge, UK