Professor David Price, General Practice Airways Group Professor of Primary Care Respiratory Medicine, Chief investigator
- Richard Martin, Denver, Colorado, USA,
- Dirkje Postma, Groningen, The Netherlands
- Nicholas Roche, Paris, France
- Richard Dekhuijzen, The Netherlands
- Wim van Aalderen, The Netherlands
- Thys van der Molen, The Netherlands
- Catherine Hutton
- Annie Burden
- Kathryn Richardson
- Vicky Thomas
- Julie von Ziegenweidt
- Cristiana Miglio
- Daniela van Eickels, Regional medical Director respiratory, Emerging Markets Medical Affairs, Takeda International.
- Mona Khalid, Associate Director, Global Outcomes and Epidemiology Research.
The aim of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of Ciclesonide, an extra-fine (EF) ICS, compared to standard particle (SP) ICS therapies. This will be carried out in asthma patients in the Netherlands, using the PHARMO database (www.pharmo.nl). Patients will be characterised at baseline (one year) and analysed for treatment effectiveness (in terms of asthma control) over a one-year outcome period.
We will investigate the effects of starting a therapy with either Ciclesonide or SP- ICS (initiation cohort). The effects of increasing doses (≥50%) as either Ciclesonide or SP-ICS may also be evaluated as a separate cohort (step-up cohort), but a decision on whether analysing this cohort or not will be made based on review of the results obtained for the initiation cohort.
Documents and Publications