- Richard Martin, Denver, Colorado, USA,
- Dirkje Postma, Groningen, The Netherlands
- Nicholas Roche, Paris, France
- Wim van Aalderen, The Netherlands
- Richard Dekhuijzen, The Netherlands
- Thys van der Molen, The Netherlands
The aim of this study is to compare effectiveness (in terms of asthma control) of EF-ICS and SP-ICS therapies in patients from The Netherlands prescribed asthma therapy. In order to do so, we will compare the effectiveness of initiating ICS therapy as EF-HFA-BDP (Qvar®) pressurised metered dose inhaler (pMDI) or Ciclesonide vs. the most prescribed SP-ICS therapies in The Netherlands. The exact comparators were selected based on patient numbers receiving different ICS therapies within the supplied dataset and included FP and non-EF-HFA-BDP. The effects of increasing doses (≥50%) as EF or SP-ICS may also be evaluated as a separate cohort (step-up cohort), but a decision on whether analysing this cohort or not will be made based on review of the results obtained for the initiation cohort.
Documents and Publications