- Luca Richeldi, Southampton Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
- Kevin R. Flaherty, Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Fernando J. Martinez, Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, USA
- Simon Walsh, Department of Radiology, King’s College London, King’s Health Partners, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Denmark Hill, London, UK
- Jeffery L. Myers, Medical School, Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Status: Planned study, seeking funding
The REG ILD Working Group intend to identify features of ILD MDTs associated with more accurate diagnosis of IPF with a view to improving diagnostic accuracy and patient stratification to optimise treatment outcomes worldwide.
To achieve this ultimate aim, two discrete, sequential research phases are proposed:
- Phase I: A global, standardised, systematic evaluation of the diagnostic process employed by a range of dedicated and non-dedicated ILD centres worldwide.
- Phase II: A global MDT ILD case review and diagnosis study to:
- Phase IIa: Assess the diagnostic agreement across ILD MDTs
- Phase IIb: Assess the diagnostic accuracy of ILD MDTs.
Documents and Publications