Useful Blogs & Resources
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Asthma UK
- PILOT - Education Transforming Pulmonary Care
- The Growing Value of Digital Health
- Concert-Clinical Effectiveness Research (CONCERT-Cer): The COPD Outcomes-based Network for Clinical Effectiveness and Research Translation (CONCERT; https://www.kpchr.org/concert/) proposes to develop a research infrastructure that will accelerate the development and conduct of multi-institutional, multi-disciplinary studies that are responsive to the COPD CER priorities of stakeholders.
- COPD Gene Group: The COPDGene® Study is one of the largest studies ever to investigate the underlying genetic factors of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or COPD.
- OPRI: Observational and Pragmatic Research Institute (OPRI) is an independent, research-driven organisation established to cultivate initiatives, provide evidence and drive quality standards within the growing field of real-life, pragmatic research.
- GA2LEN: European Allergy and Asthma European Network: a Network of Excellence of the leading European clinical and research facilities in the field of allergology and asthma, associated with the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) and the organisation representing European patients with allergies and asthma (EFA). Started under the European Union Sixth Framework Programme for Research, GA²LEN has become a model project in Europe. GA²LEN addresses the growing public health concern of allergic diseases.
Glossary of terms
Medical Glossary (including definition coding definitions): developed by the WHO Collaborating Centre for Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies
Institutions and Organisations
- Allergic Rhinitis and its Impact on Asthma (ARIA)
- European Medicines Agency’s European Network of Centres for Pharmacovigilance and Pharmacoepidemiology (ENCePP)
- Patient-Centred Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Center for Managing Chronic Disease at the University of Michigan
- Doctors for Global Health
Respiratory Titles & Journals
- Journal of Asthma and Clinical Immunology. Publisher: the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Primary Care Respiratory Journal. Publisher: the Primary Care Respiratory Society UK and International Primary Care Respiratory Group
- Treatment Strategies – Respiratory. Publisher: Cambridge Research Centre
- Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology. Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. Publisher: the American Thoracic Society
- European Respiratory Journal. Publisher: the European Respiratory Society
- Clinical and Experimental Allergy. Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell
- BioMedCentral – Pulmonary Medicine. Published by BioMedCentral Ltd
- Respiratory Journal. Publisher: Elsevier
- New England Journal of Medicine/ Published by Massachusetts Medical Society
- British Medical Journal. Publisher: Elsevier
- ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research. Publisher: Dove Medical Press
- Pragmatic and Observational Research. Publisher: Dove Medical Press
Publication and reporting
- STROBE Statement: Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology
- RAMESES publication standards: meta-narrative reviews. Wong G, Greenhalgh T, Westhorp G, et al. BMC Medicine. 2013:11(20)
- Consolidated Health Economic Evaluation Reporting Standards (CHEERS) – Explanation and Elaboration: A Report of the ISPOR Health Economic Evaluation Publication Guidelines Good Reporting Practices Task Force. 2013. Value in Health.16: 231-250.